A “Customer” is anyone who purchases Products or services. When a Customer purchases retail products or services for use by others (for example, when a Customer purchases wireless service for use by family members), those individuals also may be considered Customers for purposes of this Policy.
“Personal Information” is any information that relates to a natural person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
“Anonymous Information” means information that does not directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User.
“Aggregate Information” means information about groups or categories of Customers or Users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer or User. Aggregate Information is a kind of Anonymous Information.
“Website” means any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, laptop, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location. In this Policy, we use the term website other similar terms such as “Internet site,” “site” and “web page.”
The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, and How We Process & Use It
We may collect Confidential Data in different forms such as Personal and other Information based on your use of our Products and services and our business relationship with you. Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you — including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Billing information related to your financial relationship with us — including your payment data, credit history, credit card number, security codes, and service history.
- Equipment, Performance, Website Usage, Viewing and other Technical Information about your use of our network, services, products or websites.
We collect Information in three primary ways:
- You give it to us when you purchase or interact with us about a Product or service we offer or provide;
- We collect it automatically when you visit our Website or use our Products and services;
- We obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies.
We may use the Information we collect in a variety of ways to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies
Permitted Information Sharing
With MSTCS Companies: Subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those that exist for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI), the MSTCS companies may share your Personal Information with each other to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the benefit of what MSTCS has to offer.
With Non- MSTCS Companies: We share your Personal Information only with non- MSTCS companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services.
- We require those non- MSTCS companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy.
- We do not provide Personal Information to non- MSTCS companies for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent.
In Other Circumstances: We may provide Personal Information to non- MSTCS companies or other third parties for purposes such as:
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights;
- Obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your MSTCS billing statements, including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection; and
- To comply to legal and regulatory requirements;
Anonymous & Aggregate Information
- We collect some Information on an anonymous basis. We also may anonymize the Personal Information we collect about you.
- We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups.
- When we employ non- MSTCS companies to anonymize or aggregate data on our behalf, the requirements for sharing Personal Information with non- MSTCS companies apply.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous Information in various formats with trusted non- MSTCS entities, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
- We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose.
- We maintain Information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by MSTCS.
- We require non- MSTCS companies acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use such Information for any other purpose.
Customer Privacy Controls and Choices
- You can review and correct your Personal Information collected by us.
- You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from MSTCS, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging.
- We will provide you with notice of changes to this policy.